Friday, August 21, 2009

Choosing a charity to knit for

I am in the midst of trying to choose a charity to knit for. There are so many that I would like to make things for, and I know I can knit for more than one, but I would like to pick a charity I support and focus my efforts. I have narrowed it down to two. One is here in the U.S., one is in afghanistan. I am going to be using wool, I love to knit with wool. I just can't decide between the two. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? I have been told to keep things in the states, but I watched Generation Islam and when I saw the orphanages in Afghanistan it broke my heart. I am grateful for what I have and I know I have so much and I want to give back. And let's face it, I have plenty of yarn to do it with! I guess part of it is I can't stand the thought of anyone being cold. Living where I do, I know that warm clothing isn't a luxury.
A bit of a rambling post, but I would like to get some more opinions on this.

1 comment:

Lorie K said...

Is the US knitting a local project or one far away? If it's far away, you might just want to stay with Afghanistan...