Sunday, April 11, 2010

Another weekend is over

I cannot believe how quickly the weekends fly by. Yesterday I had diva at the Quilted Moose, and I used the time to finish handsewing the binding on a quilt for my neighbor and friend, Kathy. It's her retirement quilt, the pattern is the double Irish chain.

I learned a few new things while working on this quilt. And Chris at the Quilted Moose did a beautiful job quilting it. I am very fortunate to have Kathy as a neighbor and now as a friend. I told Jim when we moved here that we would find the right house, and I do believe I was right. I love living here.

I also finished the Christmas socks for my mom. She picked the yarn the last time we were in Ludington to visit.

They are really pretty. And Kathy bought me a new skein of sock yarn, beautiful blues.

It will go in my stash to be admired before I knit it up. So yet another weekend has drawn to a close. The week will fly by again and soon it will be time to have dinner at the pub on Friday after work.

No comments: