Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What to do?

Our next home improvement project is my studio. And I'm not quite sure what to do. I know we are gutting the room, and putting in new drywall, new lighting. But that's where I get stuck. I know that I want storage, lots of storage. We have talked about putting in a wall of kitchen cabinets, but I'm not sure if I want that or not because that will be fixed and I won't be able to move the room around. And I would love a pub style table with comfy chairs, but if I want to sew at the table I would need a small stool to put my pedal on for my machine. I need storage for yarn, papercrafts, fabric, books, magazines, I have alot of stuff. And there are so many options! I want this room to really work for me, time is limited and I don't like spending my creative time searching for what I need.
And color! What color should I paint the room? Blue is my favorite color, but I want the room to feel warm, and light, especially with the winters we have up here. They are certainly long. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

1 comment:

Lorie K said...

Hey, have you seen the new magazine "Studios"? It may help with suggestions.
I went with a ton of shelving and a comfy chair along with my sewing table.
And good lighting!
And then I worked downstairs instead of in my room... Ooops!