Sunday, August 10, 2008

A beautiful day today!

It was a gorgeous day today, and I got all the pop cans and bottles returned (Michigan has a 10 cent deposit, so we have to save all our cans and bottles and take them back to the store. The other recycling goes to the recycling center about every 2 weeks or so). I finished a quilt top today, another one for Christmas. 2 down, 2 to go. And I worked on a mini quilt, I absolutely love paper piecing. It's just fun to sew on the line and then rip that paper away!
I met Sasha tonight, she belongs to the neighbor's brother. She's a lover,


How can you not love her? And I had dinner tonight with Bill & Cathy, great neighbors. Cathy and I like to read the same type of books, so we'll be swapping books back and forth this winter when it's nasty out. Bill showed me a Christmas tree his mom made. It's really neat:

I don't have my digital camera at the moment so I had to make do with my camera phone. This "tree" is a collage of old pieces of costume jewelry that belonged to various family members. Bill's dad drilled holes through, and there are lights too. This Christmas I will have to get a better picture. It's a very nice Christmas decoration, because it's all about family. (And dinner was wonderful by the way! :-)

No comments: