Sunday, June 01, 2008

A busy morning in the neighborhood!

My cats woke me up at 6 or so this morning, so I got up and fed them, and I even got some work done. I was sitting on the couch looking out the bay window this morning, and it was very busy early this morning! I had a robin on the front steps. Chipper (which is what I call all chipmunks) ran across the street. Mama grackel (http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Common_Grackle.html) was searching for worms for her baby, who is learning to fly from the nest in the apple tree, which really irritates Gorby, my cat. (Gorby is indoor only, so the birds have nothing to fear. And I think they know this)
The special visitor of the morning was a cute little hummingbird, darting in and out among the apple blossoms.
Yes, it was a busy morning in the neighborhood!

No comments: