Monday, December 15, 2008

I learned something new

I learned something new. I learned what a "flash freeze event" is. And I'm glad that Pat got out of here when she did. It was a rain/snow mix yesterday morning. Which turned to a bit of snow. Went to bed last night knowing that today would be a mess. And it is. The temp dropped quickly and created a flash freeze event where all the water/snow mix on the roads froze. So that made tons of ice. And now they are saying lake effect snow with high winds (the Mackinac Bridge is closed today to high profile vehicles). I am going to get ready and get to work, have a feeling people aren't going to show for their appts anyway. I wouldn't go out if I didn't have to be to work! All the schools are closed except for the University and that is where Jim is. It's finals week and I'm sure the students are really ready to get out of here for the break.

No comments: